Biryani with cashews and raisins
- a cup of basmati rice
- finely chopped onion
- a spoonful of yellow curry paste
- cauliflower, broccoli and peas (to taste, at least two cups in total)
- crushed spices in a bowl (salt, turmeric, coriander seeds, anise seeds)
- 30 g of cashews Odlično
- a handful of raisins Odlično
1. Cook and drain basmati rice.
2. Fry the onion in oil and add curry paste and a mixture of spices.
3. Sprinkle the chopped vegetables on top of the onion, cover with a little water and simmer until it softens.
4. Place the vegetable mixture and rice alternately in a higher baking dish, and sprinkle cashew nuts and raisins on top.
5. Bake in the oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes or until the rice and nuts are nicely browned.
6. Serve with a spoon or two of yogurt.